Boosting your resilience at work
With Donna Thistlethwaite
Build your own resilience toolkit
For most of us the world of work is now fast-paced with a focus on doing more with less, increasingly demanding customers and complex problems to solve. Balancing these demands with a busy home life can be extremely challenging. How do you stay on top of these challenges? What resources do you have at your disposal?
In this session you will be introduced to Resilience at Work (R@W), an evidence-based model that explains key levers which can boost your workplace resilience. At R@W we define personal resilience as the capacity to manage the everyday stress of work while staying healthy, adapting and learning from setbacks and preparing for future challenges pro-actively.
You will discover that while self-care is important there are many more levers that you can use to stock your resilience toolkit. Develop tools for both yourself and those you support.
- Have a deeper knowledge of workplace resilience and an evidence-based model to apply for themselves and others.
- Understand the link between workplace performance and wellbeing.
- Appreciate that resilience is a state, not a trait (ie, fluid/modifiable).
- Discover levers to boost workplace resilience.
- Possess a language and framework for conversations about resilience.
In 2012 Donna Thistlethwaite was a corporate HR professional at the peak of her career. No-one predicted what would happen next. In a new leadership role, she experienced a workplace challenge that triggered an unravelling of her life ... ultimately leading to a suicide attempt. Today Donna is an award-winning entrepreneur and an accomplished speaker / trainer on mental health and resilience. She passionately shares tools and strategies to equip leaders and teams to THRIVE at work.